Sunday, November 23, 2008

MORE KELSEY MARIE COBB




It all began Friday at 4:45 a.m. when my water broke. So...., I immediately took a shower, shaved, painted my toe nails; you know, the important stuff. At 6:45 am we called the doctor whom advised us to go to triage. Upon arrival at triage it was confirmed that my water had broken and I was having contractions that were about 2-3 minutes apart. In the early afternoon, I went ahead and received an epidural, which was wonderful for the most part. We had some issues with certain areas not receiving the anesthetic but I made it. Around 4 I was feeling pretty bad due to issues with the epidural. I was feeling my contractions, having TONS of pressure, and was nauseated. Then the babies and my heart rate dropped so I was put on oxygen, which only made everything worse; as far as how I was feeling. At 5:06 she was born after only having to push through 8-10 contractions. She weighed in at 6 pounds and 3 ounces and 19 inches long.

We can home tonight and all things are going well so far. Recovery has been soooo much easier than I had anticipated. I keep on waiting for it to get worse. She weighed in this morning at 5 pounds and 12 ounces. So, she's lost a little weight but this is normal. All and all, I have been very blessed. The labor and delivery could have been many times worse. But most important of all, she is a beautiful healthy girl. Above are some more pictures!

4 comments:

Nancy Cornwell said...

She is so gorgeous, and that is one styling carseat :)

By the way, how the heck did you paint your toenails? I couldn't get anywhere near my feet for the last three months of my pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Oh...she looks so cute in the car seat!! She is adorable! I miss her! I hope everything is going well!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Bobbi!! I'm so excited about my "other granddaughter"!!!

And just tell Nancy your legs are longer - that'll fix her!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! I'm so happy for the two fo you!! And you look great Bobbi!