Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Shower Cookout!






A lot has happened since I last blogged. We had a fun cookout baby shower in Nashville a couple weekends ago. Above are a few pictures from it. It was hosted by my brother Erik and his wife Jennifer (pictured above underneath Andrew and I). They did a great job! Thanks guys! It was great to get to see everyone again. Andrew and I can't begin to express how grateful we are to everyone who has helped and supported us through this pregnancy. We are so appreciative.

We purchased her crib last week so it should be here any day now. We are currently in birthing classes and learning a lot. I think they scar me more than help me. However, I am still learning a lot. Like where I need to go when I am in labor and the earliest I can receive an epidural. You know, the important stuff!

We had an ultrasound today to measure size again. Unfortunately, she has fallen again below the 10th percentile. She measured at the 6th. This means I will go weekly now and have an ultrasound at each visit. The ultrasound is a different type though. It will measure movements, etc. It is to determine if she is healthy. Then at 36 weeks they will begin to monitor if she needs to be delivered early. On a good note, everything about her is normal. She has a great heart rate, good blood flow in the umbilical cord, she is growing consistently, and moving all of the time. It could be that she is just genetically small. We will also undergo various different types of testing due to her size. At this point I am not sure exactly what. However, they are mandatory for all babies below the 10th percentile. I will keep you posted when I find out more. We have our next appointment next Thursday.

Other than that we have just been extremely busy with work life, social life, school, and preparing for this baby. We've just been running around crazy. However, it is all worth it!

No comments: